Health Benefits and Other Info
Promoting Good Vision
· Apricots contain nutrients such as vitamin A that promote good vision. Vitamin A, a powerful antioxidant
quenches free radical damage to cells and tissues. Free radical damage can injure the eyes' lenses.
· Dried apricots last longer and can be easily packed away as a snack for dieters on the go. Consumed
as a dried fruit, the apricot has even more nutritional benefits than its fresh counterpart.
· Dried apricots are also more widely available all-year-round, while fresh apricots tend to be more of a
seasonal fruit depending on your area. Fitting fresh or dried apricots into your diet plan as much as
possible will be beneficial to your health and your weight.
· The most nutritious way to eat apricot is dried. A good source of fiber, they also contain vitamin A, C and
· Dried apricots have an even higher concentration of vitamins and nutrients, but are also slightly higher
in carbohydrates. Apricots can be enjoyed in cakes and pies, with ice cream or sorbets and yogurt, as a jam
or jelly, used as a sauce or as a fruit topping for salads, cereal, pancakes, and other foods.