Health Benefits and Other Info
Maintaining a Healthy Diet
· These nuts are good source of dietary protein composed of fine quality amino acids that are essential
for growth and development.
· Peanuts are rich in energy and contain many health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and
vitamins that are essential for optimum health.
· Research studies have shown that peanuts contain high concentrations of poly-phenolic antioxidants,
primarily in p-coumaric acid, which is believed to reduce the risk of stomach cancer by reducing the
formation of carcinogenic nitrosamines.
· Peanuts are excellent source of reseveratrol, another polyphenol antioxidant, which has been found to
have protective function against cancers, heart disease, degenerative nerve disease, Alzheimer's disease,
and viral/fungal infections.
Lower Blood Pressure
· Studies suggests that resveratrol reduces stroke risk by alteration of molecular mechanisms in blood
vessels (reducing susceptibility to vascular damage through decreased activity of angiotensin,
a systemic hormone causing blood vessel constriction that would elevate blood pressure) and by
increasing production of the vasodilator hormone, nitric oxide.
· Tip: Recent research studies suggest that boiling enhances antioxidant concentration in the peanuts.
It has been found that boiled peanuts have two and four fold increase in isoflavone antioxidants biochanin A
and genistein content, respectively.
Keep Skin Supple
· The nuts are an excellent source of vitamin E (a-tocopherol); containing about 8 g per100 g. vitamin E
is a powerful lipid soluble antioxidant which helps maintain the integrity of cell membrane of mucus
membranes and skin by protecting from
harmful oxygen free radicals.
Good Source of Minerals
· The nuts are rich source of minerals like copper, manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium,
zinc, and selenium.
· Just a hand full of peanuts per day provides enough recommended levels of phenolic anti-oxidants,
minerals, vitamins, and protein.