Health Benefits and Other Info
· Brazil nuts are good sources of complete proteins, meaning that they provide all of the essential amino
acids needed for human growth and development, and required for muscle tissue repair.
· Another great Brazil nuts health benefit comes from their high levels of an important amino acid know
as methionine. Methionine plays an essential role in the prevention of chronic illnesses, as well as in
fending off premature aging symptoms and signs.
· Brazil nuts contain high amounts of other important minerals such as copper, magnesium,
manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, and zinc. These minerals enhance a wide range of
bodily functions, while strengthening the immune system and promoting good health.
· They are particularly rich in palmitoleic acid and oleic acid, which help lower bad cholesterol and
increase good cholesterol levels in the blood. These monounsaturated fats are therefore very useful in
preventing coronary heart diseases, heart attacks and strokes.
· Brazil nuts contain also good amounts of omega-6 fatty acids, which also protect the heart.