Health Benefit and Other Info
Source of Supple Skin
· Prunes are high in vitamin A and beta-carotene (a natural antioxidant). These two vitamins play a key
role in maintaining healthy eye-sight and are also used to fight acne, resulting in a smooth radiant skin.
· A natural source of copper, regular and proper intake of the fruit lowers the occurrence of inflammatory
conditions such as Rheumatoid Arthritis. Also, the copper helps to uphold the elasticity of blood vessels,
ligaments and joints.
· The insoluble dietary fiber in prunes contributes to the growth of certain useful bacteria in the intestine.
Hence, it is regarded as a natural probiotic. The soluble dietary fiber of the fruit, on the other hand, promotes
the maintenance of a healthy colon and is useful in certain conditions, like hemorrhoids, constipation,
diverticular disorders and so on.
· The dietary fiber present in the fruit aids weight loss, as it produces a sense of fullness in the stomach.
Promoting A Sound Body
· A high source of iron, prunes aid in the process of respiration at the cellular level, by synthesizing the
oxygen carrier, hemoglobin.
· The unique combination of low sodium levels and high potassium levels present in the fruit is
essential to maintain normal blood pressure level and even lowers water retention in the body.
Besides this, potassium also helps in the proper functioning of muscles and nerves.
· Another mineral that prunes are rich in is magnesium. The key functions of this mineral are promoting
relaxation, relieving muscle soreness, alleviating symptoms of asthma and even migraine headaches.